Three courses are currently offered:
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award: 3 days plus a practical risk assessment activity
Dates: 24-26 March 2020; 1-3 September 2020
This is a perfect introduction to health and safety in the workplace, and is suitable for anyone who wishes to know more about the subject. The Award builds confidence for those with health and safety responsibilities, and is an excellent foundation for progression to the NEBOSH General Certificate. It is particularly useful for safety co-ordinators, team leaders, supervisors and facilities managers. No prior knowledge of health and safety is required.
This Award emphasises a practical approach to health and safety. By the end of the course you will:
- Have gained an understanding of risk assessments and control strategies
- Be able to apply these control strategies to common workplace hazards, including fire, electrical, transport and manual handling.
The course content can be tailored to cover specific hazards in your working environment.
You will be assessed on your ability to apply your knowledge and skills to a wide range of issues and to deliver positive change in a real workplace. Assessment is through a multiple choice exam and a practical risk assessment activity.
NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation: 1 day
Dates: 1 June 2020
Developed jointly by NEBOSH and the Health and Safety Executive, this award is suitable for anyone who needs to conduct effective incident investigations, including employers, safety co-ordinators, supervisors and union representatives. Effective incident investigation drives down repeat incidents, gives confidence that an organisation has a proactive approach to health and safety, and reflects best practice. This course has no entry requirements, but it is recommended that participants have an underpinning knowledge of health and safety issues, and many will have another NEBOSH qualification.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large-scale incidents
- Positively affect the safety culture in your organisation
Assessment is through a practical activity at the end of the course.
NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence: 1 day
Dates: 4 March 2020; 19 June 2020
Developed jointly by NEBOSH and the Health and Safety Executive, this certificate-level course is suitable for senior business leaders, and for anyone who aspires to that role. It will help you to become a better health and safety advocate by understanding how your behaviour influences the safety culture in your own organisation. There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
During the course you will consider:
- What health and safety leadership means
- The moral, legal and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership
- The links between health and safety leadership and culture
- Different styles of leadership
- How human failures can affect performance and culture
- The HSE’s model of effective health and safety leadership
- How leaders can build effective relationships with the workforce.
Assessment is through reflective statements written during the course.